Maruti Suzuki India Limited have updated the Celerio CNG variants to BS 6 at an additional cost of Rs. 30,000.
Maruti Suzuki has launched the Celerio BS 6 in India. The transition for them begin last year only with Baleno and others followed as well. After Alto 800, Ertiga, Wagon R and Eeco CNG, the Celerio becomes the 5th BS 6 Compliant CNG vehicle.
Like before, Celerio CNG BS 6 is available in VXI and VXI(O) but whats changed is the price. The price hike from BS 4 to BS 6 is Rs. 30,000 but when compared to the equivalent petrol variants, the CNG trims costs Rs. 81,000 more than them. Maruti Suzuki has also launched a Tour variant for fleet purposes in the form of Tour H2 at a price sticker of Rs. 5.37 Lakhs.
Celerio CNG is powered by 1.0 litre 3 cylinder petrol engine which makes 59 BHP and 78 NM of peak torque. The mileage in this transition from BS 4 to BS 6 has come down from 31.76 km/kg to 30.47 km/kg.
|Celerio CNG Engine specs|
|Engine||1.0 L 3 Cylinder K10B Petrol|
|Power||59 BHP @ 6000 RPM|
|Torque||78 NM @ 3500 RPM|
|Transmission||5 speed MT|
|Fuel Efficiency||30.47 km/kg|
Price difference between VXI / VXI (O) Petrol and VXI / VXI(O) CNG trims:
|Maruti Celerio Petrol BS6||Maruti Celerio CNG BS6||Price Difference|
|VXI||Rs. 4.80 lakh||Rs. 5.61 lakh||Rs. 81,000|
|VXI (O)||Rs. 4.87 lakh||Rs. 5.68 lakh||Rs. 81,000|
|Tour H2||–||Rs. 5.37 lakh||–|
Maruti Suzuki has made CNG available with only VXI and VX(O) trims. Other trims are reserved for the petrol engine.
Maruti Celerio VXI CNG Features
- Exterior – Body coloured bumpers, outside door handles, ORVMs, front chrome grille
- Interior – Day / Night IRVM, integrated rear seat hearest
- Comfort – 60:40 Split rear seat, co driver side vanity mirror in sun visor, manual ac, front and rear power windows with driver side auto down, power steering, accessory socket
- Safety – Central door locking, driver airbag, engine immobiliser, ABS, rear parking sensors, child proof rear door locks, speed alert system, pedestrian protection
Maruti Celerio VXI(O) CNG Features
- Safety – 2 airbags, front seatbelt pre tensioner and force limiter
Maruti Celerio Tour H2 Video Review
Here is the complete price list of Maruti Celerio BS 6:
|Celerio Petrol||Celerio CNG|
|LXI (O)||Rs. 4.5 L||–|
|Tour H2||–||Rs. 5.37 L|
|VXI||Rs. 4.8 L||Rs. 5.61 L|
|VXI (O)||Rs. 4.87 L||Rs. 5.68 L|
|VXI AGS||Rs. 5.23 L||–|
|VXI (O) AGS||Rs. 5.3 L||–|
|ZXI||Rs. 5.06 L||–|
|ZXI (O)||Rs. 5.46 L||–|
|ZXI AGS||Rs. 5.49 L||–|
|ZXI (O) AGS||Rs. 5.58 L||–|
Maruti Suzuki Celerio petrol prices starts from Rs. 4.41 Lakhs for the base LXI trim with the top end ZXI (O) AGS costing Rs. 5.58 Lakhs (Ex Showroom) while CNG falls between the price territory of Rs. 5.37 Lakhs and Rs. 5.68 Lakhs.
Maruti Celerio vs Santro CNG Comparison
|Engine Specs||Celerio CNG||Santro CNG|
|Engine||1.0 L K10B Petrol-CNG||1.1 L Epsilon Petrol-CNG|
|No. Of Cylinders||3||3|
|Displacement||998 cc||1086 cc|
|Power||59 BHP @ 6000 RPM||58 BHP @ 5500 RPM|
|Torque||78 NM @ 3500 RPM||84 NM @ 4500 RPM|
|Transmission||5 speed MT||5 Speed MT|
|Fuel Efficiency||30.47 km/kg||30.48 km/kg|
|Fuel tank capacity||60 L||60 L|
- The Santro has a bigger petrol engine with more torque and just a bit better mileage than Celerio CNG
- Celerio CNG produces 1 BHP of more power than the Sanntro CNG
- Both of them gets a fuel tank of 60 litres
|Celerio CNG||Santro CNG|
|Price (Ex showroom)||Rs. 5.37 L – Rs. 5.68 L||Rs. 5.85 L – Rs. 6.2 L|
Clearly, the Maruti’s Celerio CNG trims are much cheaper than Santro’s Magna and Sportz CNG. The price difference between Celerio VXI CNG and Santro Magna CNG is Rs. 48,000 while Santro Sportz trims costs Rs. 54,000 more than VXI(O) CNG trim of Celerio.