Skoda Rapid has been launched in India with 1.0 L TSI Engine
Skoda Auto India has finally launched the Rapid sedan with BS 6 1.0 litre TSI engine between the price tag of Rs. 7.49 L and Rs. 11.79 L (Ex Showroom).The sedan is available in 5 variants – Rider, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo.
It was showcased back at the Auto Expo 2020 and the bookings commenced in March.Along with the Rapid, the carmakers have also updated the Superb and launched all new Karoq in India as well.Here is the variant wise price list:
|Variants||Price (Ex Showroom)|
|Rider||Rs. 7.49 L|
|Ambition||Rs. 9.99 L|
|Onyx||Rs. 10.19 L|
|Style||Rs. 11.49 L|
|Monte Carlo||Rs. 11.79 L|
Skoda Rapid 1.0 vs Rivals Price Comparison
||Rapid 1.0 TSI||Vento 1.0 TSI||Verna 1.0 GDI|
|1.0 Petrol Manual||7.49 L – 11.79 L||8.86 L – 11.99 L||–|
|1.0 Petrol Automatic||–||–||13.99 L|
Skoda Rapid BS 6 Engine Options
Now in the BS 6 Era, Rapid comes with 1.0 L TSI petrol engine which is available in rivals – VW Vento and and also VW Polo and Vento.The unit is capable of churning 108 BHP and 175 NM.6 Speed manual gearbox is the sole transmission on offer with a 6 speed torque converter automatic expected to be introduced in next couple of months.
This new mill replaces the 1.6 litre petrol as well as 1.5 litre TDI Diesel engine which were earlier on offer for the Rapid as well as Vento sedan.
Will the Diesel engine make a comeback in near future?It is unlikely that the carmakers will re-introduce a Diesel engine in the later stage which leaves the sedan with only TSI petrol engine.
||Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI|
|Engine||1.0 L 3 cylinder TSI|
|Power||108 BHP @ 5000 RPM|
|Torque||175 NM @ 1750 RPM|
|Transmission||6 Speed Manual|
|Fuel Efficiency||18.97 kmpl|
How does the Rapid 1.0 TSI compare with its rivals?
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI competes with the likes of Vento 1.0 and Verna 1.0 GDI.Since all these sedans comes with 1.0 turbocharged unit, we have compared their engine specs (not included Yaris, Ciaz and City)
||Rapid 1.0 TSI||Vento 1.0 TSI||Verna 1.0 GDI|
|Engine||1.0 L||1.0 L 3 cylinder TSI||1.0 L 3 Cylinder GDI|
|Displacement||999 cc||999 cc||998 cc|
|Power||108 BHP @ 5000 RPM||108 BHP @ 5,000 RPM||118 BHP @ 6000 RPM|
|Torque||175 NM @ 1750 RPM||175 NM @ 1,750 RPM||172 NM @ 1500 RPM|
|Transmission||6 Speed Manual||6 Speed Manual||7 Speed DCT|
|Fuel Efficiency||18.97 kmpl||17.69 kmpl||17.8 kmpl|
Are there any Interior / Exterior Changes?
While this is not a facelift but certain updates includes new design for alloy wheels as well as rear boot spoiler.The interior features the same seat fabric and design and have remained untouched.
Any Features update?
With the transition from BS 4 to BS 6, the feature list of Skoda Rapid has becomes long with the addition of 4 airbags, a jump from previously offered dual front airbags, new 8 inch touchscreen infotainment system with all the modern connectivity options, electrochromic IRVM, automatic headlamps, auto rain sensing wipers.
Skoda Rapid comes with 4 years warranty which can be extended upto 6 years upon buying a package called Skoda Shield Plus that also includes RSA as well as car insurance.Also, Skoda India is also offering – buy now, pay later, in which the EMIs for loan for the car will begin in this year’s festive season.
Skoda Rapid Colours
Skoda Rider, Ambition and Style are available in four colour schemes – Candy White, Toffee Brown, Carbon Steel and Brilliant Silver while Monte Carlo comes in Flash Red and Candy White, Candy White and Lapiz Blue in Onyx.
Skoda Rapid Variants
Skoda Rapid comes in a total of 5 variants – Rider, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo.All these trims comes with 1.0 L TSI engine with 6 speed manual gearbox.
Price – 7.49 L (Ex showroom)
- Exterior – 15 inch Dentro Steel Wheels with wheel covers, body coloured door handles, body coloured bumpers, halogen headlamps
- Interior – Chrome inside door handles, dual tone ebony sand interiors, fabric seat upholstery
- Comfort – Adjustable front & rear headrests, foldable key, front & rear armrest, tilt and telescopic steering, automatic ac & rear air con vents, power adjustable wing mirror with indicators, all 4 power windows with one touch up/down
- Infotainment system – 2 DIN audio system with 4 speakers, USB, AUX connectivity
- Safety – Rear defogger, ABS , Rear parking sensors, 2 airbags, central locking
Price – 9.99 L (+ 2.5 L)
- Exterior – 15” Matone Silver Alloys, chrome surround for front grille, chrome decor for gear knob and handbrake tip, Quartz cut projector headlamps with LED DRLs, front fog lights
- Interior – illuminated glovebox, leather wrapped gear selector, steering wheel
- Comfort – adjustable driver seat, remote control opening and closing of windows, power foldable ORVMs
- Infotainment system – 6.5” system, Steering mounted audio and telephony controls
Price – 10.19 L (+ 20,000)
- Exterior – 16” Clubber Glossy Black Alloys, Glossy Black exterior mirrors
- Interior – Dual tone Tellur Grey interiors, Tellur Grey with black inserts leatherette upholstery, Piano black décor on the gearshift console, SuperSport flat bottom steering wheel with black stitching
- Comfort – Rear windscreen sunblind
Price – 11.49 L (+ 1.3 L)
- Exterior – 16 inch Clubber Alloy Wheels, Chrome outside door handles, rear diffuser, body coloured spoiler
- Interior – Amberglow front footwell illumination, leather seat upholstery and door armrest
- Comfort – cruise controls, cooled glovebox
- Infotainment system – 8” touchscreen infotainment system
- Safety – auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, auto dimming IRVM, 4 airbags, reverse parking camera
Rapid Monte Carlo
Price – 11.79 L (+ 30,000)
- Exterior – 16” Clubber Dual Tone Alloys, Black front radiator grille, Black painted roof
- Interior – MONTE CARLO interiors with red stitching design – – highlights on steering wheel and gear knob, SuperSport flat bottom steering wheel with red stitching, MONTE CARLO design leatherette seat covers, Stainless steel scuff plates with MONTE CARLO inscription
- Safety – 2 airbags
Compared to its competitors which offers 1.0 litre turbocharged engine, the sedan offers quite a lot of features and is also value for money as well.It undercuts both the Vento 1.0 TSI and Verna 1.0 Turbo petrol with DCT.