A recent incident has emerged, adding to a series of incidents where people driving vehicles in Bengaluru have been confronted by locals. This particular incident was recorded by the occupants of a Jharkhand-registered vehicle. In the video, it shows a man on a scooter purposely blocking the car’s path and subsequently issuing threats to the car’s occupants.
Road Rage in Bengaluru: What happened?
The recent incident shows a man blocking the car’s path purposely, and stops in front of them and starts issuing threats. The video was recorded on a mobile phone by one of the car’s occupants. The footage shows the scooter rider repeatedly attempting to block the car’s path. Despite these attempts, the car managed to maneuver around the obstacles and continue forward. Eventually, the scooter rider succeeded in blocking the vehicle completely, bringing it to a halt. Afterward, the rider dismounted from the scooter and began approaching the vehicle. It is evident that the car’s driver had already contacted the police and had requested nearby individuals to do the same. Meanwhile, the other passengers inside the car urged the driver not to open the windows, exercising caution in the situation.
Following the car’s complete stop, the scooter rider proceeded to circle the vehicle in a threatening manner. While no words were spoken by the rider in the video, his body language indicated that he was visibly upset about something. It remains unclear from the footage whether there was any prior altercation between the two vehicles or if this incident was entirely unprovoked.
In future, if something like this happens to you, here are some things that you should do to stay safe:
- Prioritize Safety: Ensure the safety of yourself and your passengers by keeping your doors locked and windows up
- Do Not Engage: Avoid escalating the situation by refraining from arguing or making provocative gestures. Stay calm and composed.
- Contact Police: Call the police immediately to report the incident and your location. Provide them with as much information as possible.
- Stay in the Vehicle: Unless you feel immediate physical danger, it’s usually safer to remain inside the vehicle until the police arrive.
- Record Evidence: If it’s safe to do so, use your mobile phone to record the incident as evidence, including the aggressor’s behavior and license plate details.
- Seek Witnesses: If there are witnesses nearby, ask for their contact information in case their statement is needed.
- Follow Police Instructions: When the police arrive, follow their instructions and provide them with a factual information of the incident
Remember these are steps that could be followed, but not all the situations are same as this one, so it’s always better to keep calm and think about the next step to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.